Five Tips for Work/Life Balance
You have a lot on your plate. You’re sacrificing sleep. Maybe you’re even working overtime for no extra pay or perks. You know something has to change before you run out of steam. Here are some tips.
- Start your day with the end in mind. What’s the most important thing on your to-do list? Make sure that task gets done before less significant tasks. You will go to bed with a sense of accomplishment.
- Outsource. What can someone else do for you? This doesn’t mean you have to pay someone to do it. What can your spouse, your children, your friend take off your plate? Think big and small. Maybe it’s doing the dishes or picking your child up from an activity.
- Set a bedtime. Make sure you stick to it most nights. Sleep is what gives us stamina to get more done.
- Review how your spend your time. Are you spending hours on Facebook? Are you watching more TV than you realize? Spend a week trying to understand how you spend your 24 hours and whether you are spending them the way that allows you to feel most fulfilled.
- Say no. This week, say no instead of yes when you are asked to put one more thing on your plate.